- Our Research and Department
- Physics Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
Dr. Yew San Hor
- 111 Straumanis-James Hall, Rolla, MO 65409
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics.
Exploration of novel solid state bulk and nanostructured materials such as quantum material systems including, but not limited to three dimensional topological insulators, topological superconductors, nanostructured thermoelectric power/cooling materials, and correlated electron systems which may have implications both for scientific understanding and for future technological developments.
- 2004: PhD in Physics: Rutgers University, NJ
- 2014: One of the Most Cited Physicsts, Thomson Reuters
- 2012: CAREER Award, National Science Foundation
- C. Kurter, A. D. K. Finck, Y. S. Hor and D. J. Van Harlingen, “Evidence for an anomalous current–phase relation in topological insulator Josephson junctions,” Nature Communications 6, 7130 (2015).
- B. J. Lawson, G. Li, F. Yu, T. Asaba, C. Tinsman, T. Gao, W. Wang, Y. S. Hor, and Lu Li, “Quantum oscillations in CuxBi2Se3 in high magnetic fields,” Phys. Rev. B 90, 195141 (2014).
- R. J. Cava, H. Ji, M. K. Fuccillo, Q. D. Gibson, and Y. S. Hor, “Crystal structure and chemistry of topological insulators,” J. Mater. Chem. C 1, 3176 (2013).
- B. J. Lawson, Y. S. Hor, L. Li, “Quantum oscillations in the topological superconductor candidate Cu 0.25Bi2Se3,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 226406 (2012).
- Y. S. Hor, J. G. Checkelsky, D. Qu, N. P. Ong, and R. J. Cava, “Superconductivity and non-metallicity induced by doping the topological insulators Bi2Se3 and Bi2Te3,” J. Phys. Chem. Solids 72, 572 (2011).
- Y. S. Hor, A. J. Williams, J. G. Checkelsky, P. Roushan, Q. Xu, H. W. Zandbergen, A. Yazdani, N. P. Ong, and R. J. Cava, “Superconductivity in CuxBi2Se3 and its implications for pairing in the undoped topological insulator,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 057001 (2010).
- Intermediate Physics Laboratory (Physics 2129)
- Elementary Solid State Physics (Physics 4323)