- Our Research and Department
- Physics Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty, Staff & Facilities
Theoretical Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics; Low-Energy Field Theory
Quantum Field Theory and Atomic Systems, Relativistic Quantum Dynamic Processes in High-Power Laser Fields, Novel States of the Light Field (Twisted Photons), Computational Physics and Related Algorithms, Renormalization-Group and Critical Phenomena, General Relativity and Relativistic Quantum Mechanics.
- 1999: PhD in Physics: Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden).
- 2013: Fellow of the American Physical Society
- 2010: Outstanding Referee of the American Physical Society
- 2003: Habilitation, TU Dresden
- 2000: Georg-Helm Prize of the Technical University of Dresden
- U. D. Jentschura, G. Lach, M. De Kieviet and K. Pachucki, “One–Loop Dominance in the Imaginary Part of the Polarizability: Application to Blackbody and Non–Contact Quantum Friction,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 043001 (2015).
- J. H. Noble and U. D. Jentschura, “Dirac Equations with Confining Potentials,” Int. J. Mod. Phys A 50, 1550002 (2015).
- B. J. Wundt, C. T. Munger and U. D. Jentschura, “Quantum dynamics in atomic-fountain experiments for measuring the electric dipole moment of the electron with improved sensitivity,” Phys. Rev. X 2, 041009 (2012).
- Ulrich D Jentschura, Peter J Mohr, Gerhard Soff, “Electron self-energy for the K and L shells at low nuclear charge,” Phys. Rev. A 63, 042512 (2001).
- Ulrich D Jentschura, Peter J Mohr, Gerhard Soff, “Calculation of the electron self-energy for low nuclear charge,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 53 (1999).
- PHYSICS 5211 (Graduate Electrodynamics I)
- PHYSICS 6211 (Graduate Electrodynamics II)